Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creativity at Work

Call me CRAZY...you won't be the first, and you certainly won't be the last...but sometimes I go through periods of brain overload.  It's kind of like standing in the middle of Time Square.  Ideas are zooming past me, like occupied taxi cabs with their destination in mind.  They are like all the tourists bumping into me because they are twirling in awe of the lights, billboards and media that surround them.  I try, heaven help me, I try to jot them down, organize them into a perfectly tasked to do list, but it just never quite works out that way.  I think it's because just when I pick up my teal gel pen, I am slapped with yet another notion more glittery and sparkly than the last.

Then, suddenly, the traffic subsides, the bustle is gone and my to do list starts forming with ease (accept for all of the brilliant ideas that somehow were cut on production room floor).  Yet, it just isn't the same, suddenly the energy I felt before to leap into my tasks is gone.  I suddenly feel like I just don't have the energy...I get discouraged.

You know what happens next, my knight in shining armor rides in on his valiant steed and knows exactly what I need.  This week it was in the form of an email: "'To have a great idea, have a lot of them.' Thomas Edison".  Now that, my friends, is the man meant for me!!  Without my even telling him, he sensed what I needed...encouragement, support, and a little wisdom.  Valentine's Day has come and gone, but my love for my man did NOT go with it.

Happy Day!!!


2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I know what you mean about brain overload. I try to keep track of my ideas, but I usually end up losing the papers. ;) Thanks for sharing.

Sherryd said...

I can relate to that! I have notebooks full of ideas going back years, the problem is, I forget about the notebooks until I come across them when in search of something else, lol!!